Saturday, August 8, 2009

Week in Review

Not a lot of time to write this morning, so here is this past week's events in brief:

Monday - Early morning run.  7 miles - 1 hour flat.  No encounters with dogs but I'm now running with a canister of mace and will be all too happy to give a dog a face full of it with extreme prejudice if provoked. 

Tuesday - 6 mile speed workout.  1 mile warm-up, 4x1200 meters, 1 mile cool down.  It was 101 degrees.  Pretty brutal, but I actually enjoyed the longer splits.  Prefer the 1200m to the 400m. The workout seemed to go much faster.

Wednesday - 6 mile at 8:40 pace.  All I can say about this one is that I'm glad that I was able to get it in.  I went after work, and it was HOT.  Just glad to have made it all the way.

Thursday - 6 miles indoors on a treadmill.  This was a last minute decision .  I went around 8:45 that evening, because I just wasn't feeling an early morning on Friday.  Without getting into much detail, I had a gastro-intestinal emergency whilst running on the treadmill. Luckily I was inside so I was able to make it to a bathroom with relative ease.  If I had only waited until Friday morning that wouldn't have happened.

Friday - OFF

Saturday - 12 miles at 8:35 pace.  SO glad that I went out early this morning.  Let me tell you it is no fun getting up at 5:30 in the morning on Saturday, but once I finished my run around 8:15 (I started at 6:30) it was already starting to get hot.  The run itself was pretty uneventful.  Lots of people out early this morning.  Everyone was anticipating the insulting heat awaiting us later today.  In truth, at 6:30 it was already 83.

So there's the week that was.  I now leave you with this because in about three to four weeks this is going to become a running/college football blog.  It's going to be a great season for all three of Oklahoma's teams.  

In any other context I would hate this song and think it was ridiculous (especially Cowboy Troy.  What a 'tard), but darn it I can't help myself during football season:



 

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure the toliet enjoyed your gastro-intestinal emergency. Are you like my husband in that he never leaves home without toliet paper in fear of a G.I.E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually think the toilet cried a little. Does the "E" stand for explosion?

    ReplyDelete